Home Insurance, or dwelling coverage, typically provides coverage for the physical structure of the home, including the walls, roof, foundation, and other attached structures, such as garages or sheds. It may also provide coverage for additional structures on the property, such as fences, driveways, or swimming pools. Dwelling coverage typically protects against risks such as fire, windstorms, hail, theft, vandalism, and other covered events.

Contents Insurance, on the other hand, covers the belongings or personal possessions inside the home, such as furniture, appliances, electronics, clothing, and other personal items. Contents coverage typically protects against risks such as theft, damage due to covered events, and other covered perils.


Home and Content Insurance


What's covered

Dwelling Coverage
This provides coverage for damage or loss to the physical structure of the home, including repairs or reconstruction in case of damage due to covered risks.
Contents Coverage
This provides coverage for damage, loss, or theft of personal belongings or contents inside the home.
Liability Coverage
This provides coverage for legal liability if someone is injured on the homeowner's property or if the homeowner accidentally damages someone else's property and is found responsible.
Additional Living Expenses
This provides coverage for additional living expenses, such as temporary accommodation, if the home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered event.
Optional Coverages
Home and contents insurance policies may also offer optional coverages, such as flood insurance, earthquake insurance, or additional coverage for high-value items, such as jewellery, art, or collectibles.
Home insurance policies typically have deductibles, which is the amount the homeowner must pay out of pocket before the insurance coverage kicks in.


Coverage Limits

Home and contents insurance policies may have coverage limits, which is the maximum amount the insurance company will pay for a covered loss. It's important to review and understand the coverage limits to ensure that they are adequate to protect the value of the home and its contents.

Home and contents insurance is typically important for homeowners to protect their investment in their home and personal belongings. It's essential to carefully review the terms, conditions, coverage, exclusions, and premiums of a home and contents insurance policy, and work with a qualified insurance professional to determine the appropriate coverage for your specific needs and circumstances.

FAQ About Home and Content Insurance

What does Home and Content Insurance cover?

Home and Content Insurance typically provides coverage for the physical structure of your home, as well as the belongings and contents within it. This can include protection against damage or loss caused by events such as fire, theft, storm damage, vandalism, and more. It is important to review the policy documents to understand the specific coverage details.

How much Home and Content Insurance do I need?

The amount of Home and Content Insurance you need depends on the value of your home and its contents. It's important to accurately estimate the cost of rebuilding your home and replacing your belongings to ensure you have adequate coverage. Under-insuring your home or contents could leave you financially vulnerable in the event of a claim while over-insuring could result in higher premiums.

Can I customize my Home and Content Insurance policy?

Yes, many insurance providers offer customizable options for Home and Content Insurance. You may be able to choose additional coverage options such as accidental damage, personal valuables, or legal liability, based on your needs and budget. It's essential to understand the options available and discuss them with your insurance provider to tailor a policy that fits your requirements.

How are Home and Content Insurance premiums calculated?

Home and Content Insurance premiums are typically calculated based on various factors, including the location and construction type of your home, the coverage amount, your claims history, and the level of risk associated with your area (such as proximity to flood zones or bushfire-prone areas). Insurance providers use these factors to assess the likelihood of a claim and determine the premium amount.

What should I do in case of a claim?

In the event of a claim, it's important to contact your insurance provider as soon as possible to initiate the claims process. You may need to provide details about the incident, such as the date, time, and location of the event, and any supporting evidence or documentation. It's important to follow the claims process outlined by your insurance provider to ensure a smooth and timely resolution of your claim.


Home and Contents Insurance

Protect your home and belongings with peace of mind - apply for Home and Contents Insurance through Angel insurance broker today.

Residential Landlords's Insurance

Protect your investment and income with Residential Landlords Insurance from Angel Insurance Broker - comprehensive coverage for your rental property and peace of mind for you.

Strata and Body Corporate Insurance

Protect your investment and enjoy peace of mind with Strata and Body Corporate Insurance from Angel Insurance Broker - the trusted name in comprehensive and affordable insurance solutions.

Protect yourself from unexpected accidents and illnesses with ease by applying for Personal Accident and Sickness Insurance through Angel insurance broker today.

Personal Legal Expenses Cover

Protect yourself from unexpected legal expenses and secure your financial future with Personal Legal Expenses Cover Insurance from Angel insurance broker today.

Request a Free Call Back

All consultants are able to give you a free call back at any time.

Visit Us

124 Westwood Dr,
Burnside VIC 3023,Australia

Office Timing

9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Monday to Friday

Call Us

Would you like to speak to one of our Insurance advisers over the phone?